System Requirements

still life

Hi, I'm opting to go out to the newsstand at noon to get computermusic's gift-version of samplitude se, but I can't find any system-requirements anywhere.

I realise that there's a difference between playing one audio-track and like 10 audio tracks with 3 vst's in midi along with it.

But still I wonder what would be necessary for treating 5 to 7 stereotracks with some basic fx and mastering.

or 4 audiotracks and a vst-synth like say the minimoog or so.

I use a dell-latitude laptop comparable to PIII that was given to me for free. And for the moment I have to stick to adobe's audition (not allowing me to record midi vst-instruments) because cubase seems to be to heavy for my system.

Hi,

I think this issue is rather about the reqs of the VSTis than those of Samplitude. I think you will find little serious soft synths that will provide you much fun on a historic computer.

However, with a PIII in a mobile computer you will not get very far, especially if it has its old dinosaur harddisc. 5-7 audio tracks can be too much already for that system.

Cheers,

Sebastian

However, with a PIII in a mobile computer you will not get very far, especially if it has its old dinosaur harddisc. 5-7 audio tracks can be too much already for that system.

Don't worry, my dinosaur got to trie it out last night and did exactly what it's supposed to. Samplitude gave me a good first impression. Using vst-fx on several audio tracks was still ok. I'll see what vsti's will do later?

Patrick