Learning How To Edit Audio

SabreChris

Hi,

My first project with samp demo is to learn how to edit audio. I have a drum solo that I want to sync to the project temp and surgically dissect (and repeat) into parts that can be used in a song.

How do I split an audio track?

How do I recombine audio clips? (Is there a way to keep the new clips together without destuctively fusing them?)

Is there a way to link clips so that audio edits applied to one effect all of them (concept of linking would be more useful for midi clips)

How do I select a small area of the wav and delete an audio hit? and then replace with transient noise from somewhere else? This might require some crossfades?

Thanks,

SC

How do I split an audio track?

Position the cursor where you want to split it or draw a range with the Range Tool and press [T] . Go to Edit >Auto Crossfade Active and check/uncheck depending on your needs.I prefer to use the Universal Mouse mode.

How do I recombine audio clips? (Is there a way to keep the new clips together without destuctively fusing them?)

Control+left click to Select the clips and then then right click and select "Group Objects"

Is there a way to link clips so that audio edits applied to one effect all of them (concept of linking would be more useful for midi clips

Don't quite understand what you mean by that

How do I select a small area of the wav and delete an audio hit? and then replace with transient noise from somewhere else? This might require some crossfades?

Select the transient noise with Range tool (may be necessary to disable Snap) then use "Copy" [Ctrl+C] then mark the range you want to paste it to then use [Ctrl+V ] (paste insert clip). If you enable Edit> Auto Cossfade Active then when you "Paste/Insert Clip" crossfade will be enbaled automatically.

Hint -Press if you need to adjust the snap resolution.

Regards

Kraznet