hexfix93

Samplitude 9 Price?

how much is it?

Here's one deal you want to look into for,.. i bouth a 9632 RME sound card from my Syntax rep and got a free copy(more or less) of Samplitude pro v.6, and you can upgrad from there for a really good price! This is raelly worth looking into! ;)

Also, if you buy Samplitude version 8 in the month of august, you can later upgrade to version 9 for free...

Tomorow is you last day for this offer. :wacko:

In USA, look at http://www.synthax.com/shop/ for upgrade prices from Vx to V9.

I assume the prices for a new V9 will be the same as for V8 which are still to be found at www.synthax.com - USA - purchases - price list (that is 629$ for classic and 1249$ for pro).

Also look out for crossgrades wich are only 599$ (599 Euro in Europe) for V9 prof.

Crossgrade is possible from software of the following manufactures: MOTU (Digital Performer)

Sonic Foundry (Sound Forge, ACID PRO), Steinberg (Cubase SX/SL, Wavelab & Nuendo), Emagic (Logic Pro, Logic

Express, Logic Audio Gold/Silver/Platinum), Sonic Solution (Sonic Studio & vergleichbare Produkte), Digidesign (all products of ProTools Series, expect ProTools LE), Cakewalk (Sonar), Creamware (TripleDat), Propellerhead (Reason)

That offer is not valid for Demo-, Free- orTrialversions!

Don't know how Synthax handles crossgrades, but in Germany you need to send a significant cover page of the manual, the original CD or the original package.

Greetings,

Frank

Also look out for crossgrades wich are only 599$ (599 Euro in Europe) for V9 prof.

Greetings,

Frank

Why is Magix charging their faithful Samplitude v.7 clients 599 Euros for upgrade to v.9 instead of the 498Euros ? ( v.7 to v.8 upgrade added to v.8 to v.9 upgrade = 249+249= 498 Euros)

Why are they demanding 599 Euros?

It seems like they don't care about their faithful customers.

I mentioned this to one of the Sam dev team in another forum, but he said he doesn't know.

I think it's an obvious question that V.7 users will be asking, so is anyone from Magix on here going to answer?

Regards,

Terry

Clearly if you don't take all the upgrades, you are not that faithful a customer! ;):wacko:

Clearly if you don't take all the upgrades, you are not that faithful a customer! ;):wacko:

Actually you have a point there bgk . What constitutes a faithful customer? Is it someone who always upgrades and supports the development ? or someone who doesn't but continues using the version they have anyway? I would say it's the former .

Regards

Kraznet

This is exactly what Steve Smith from our sales office at Lübbecke just said to me as I asked him about the topic.

[i think Steinberg wouldn't consider me being loyal either because I left out VST5 and SX 1 at that time... :wacko:]

It doesn't matter if you upgrade from Sam 7, 6, 5 or even RedRoaster, the price is always the same if you left out the latest version.

Terry, about the SE upgrade you asked at kvr: this is a limited offer in Germany and it's likely to become limited in the other countries, too.

Thanks Sascha.

I would just like to clarify your point there.

The "faithfull" user upgrading from V8 Professional to No.9 Professional pays €249,00

The equally "faithfull" user upgrading from V7 to No.9 Professional pays €599,00 as does the "faithfull" upgrader still using and wanting to upgrade from all previous Samplitude Versions 6, 5, 4, 3....Red Roaster etc.

Someone who is "faithfull" to the program is supporting the development at every step of the way.

Why can't that person have just a slight advantage over the other "faithfull" users who choose to miss out a step or two and only upgrade every second or third step?

And Sascha...if you'd have stayed with VST5 you wouldn't even be able to get an Upgrade to SX3. :wacko:

Best regards

Steve

Actually you have a point there bgk . What constitutes a faithful customer? Is it someone who always upgrades and supports the development ? or someone who doesn't but continues using the version they have anyway? I would say it's the former .

Regards

Kraznet

Do you usually buy something you can't use? I know I don't unless it's meets my needs.

He! I finaly place my order today. :oB):wacko:;)

As you can see I'm very exited!!

By the way, how come i can see the full forum like i own Samp?... this started after the last forum upgrade.

Is this normal?

D Wako.

Someone who is "faithfull" to the program is supporting the development at every step of the way.

Why can't that person have just a slight advantage over the other "faithfull" users who choose to miss out a step or two and only upgrade every second or third step?

Best regards

Steve

You are saying then, that there is a 'punishment' in the form of a 100 Euros extra charge for your v.7 customers who had the nerve to 'miss' an upgrade step!

Rather dictatorial I would say.

So, regarding Samplitude v.9 pro, let's be clear about this:

1. Someone who has spent zero with Magix will be charged 599 Euros (on a crossgrade basis)

2. For an existing Magix customer who has has already paid 1000 Euros for v.7 , Magix will charge the same 599 Euros.

So Magix is actually giving less consideration to their existing paying customers, than they do to somebody new.

Please explain what is fair about that.

Regards,

Terry

Give it a rest Terry :wacko: I'm sure I could go to any DAW user forum and dissect their upgrade /crossgrade policies and find reason to complain . What exactly are you trying to prove and when are you going to be satisfied? Haven't you got bigger fish to fry?

Regards

Kraznet

Best regards

Steve

You are saying then, that there is a 'punishment' in the form of a 100 Euros extra charge for your v.7 customers who had the nerve to 'miss' an upgrade step!

1. Someone who has spent zero with Magix will be charged 599 Euros (on a crossgrade basis)

2. For an existing Magix customer who has has already paid 1000 Euros for v.7 , Magix will charge the same 599 Euros.

So Magix is actually giving less consideration to their existing paying customers, than they do to somebody new.

Regards,

Terry

I understand what you're saying, but i think this is the case with most compagny. Not fun but that's how it is.

Best regards

Steve

Regards,

Terry

I understand what you're saying, but i think this is the case with most compagny. Not fun but that's how it is.

Well, not all!

$179.00 SONAR 5 Producer Upgrade for SONAR 3 or 4 Producer Customers

Cakewalk is offering a free upgrade on SONAR 6 when you upgrade to SONAR 5 during the month of August, 2006.

Upgrade to SONAR 5 Studio Edition, Get SONAR 6 Studio Edition Free.

Upgrade to SONAR 5 Producer Edition, Get SONAR 6 Producer Edition Free.

Your free upgrade will be automatically shipped to you within one month of the release of SONAR 6, which will be available later this year.

Best regards

Steve

Regards,

Terry

Well, not all!

$179.00 SONAR 5 Producer Upgrade for SONAR 3 or 4 Producer Customers

Cakewalk is offering a free upgrade on SONAR 6 when you upgrade to SONAR 5 during the month of August, 2006.

Upgrade to SONAR 5 Studio Edition, Get SONAR 6 Studio Edition Free.

Upgrade to SONAR 5 Producer Edition, Get SONAR 6 Producer Edition Free.

Your free upgrade will be automatically shipped to you within one month of the release of SONAR 6, which will be available later this year.

Maybe but Sonar has an upgrad every year right? Which is the same in the end, well not exactly but it get costly if you want to keep up. I've never tried Sonar, I've trried cake walk when i first strated...I don' think Sonar is in the same leage as Samplitude, but i admit i don't how sonar is...I hear about the lexicon or some thing, sound cool, but i also heard about lexico IRs in Samplitude :wacko: , i hope i heard right.

Give it a rest Terry :wacko:

Hey Kraznet - You obviously don't like what I'm saying, but nobody is forcing you to chime in. ( unless you believe that you are the forum moderator...)

Kraznet: I'm sure I could go to any DAW user forum and dissect their upgrade /crossgrade policies and find reason to complain.

Maybe you mean something like this quote from a similar thread on KVR:

"...I have a hard time complaining about Sonar's fast upgrade cycle when Cakewalk is so generous to users of old versions. If you purchase just before a release, you can often skip 3 versions and not pay a cent more than someone that upgrades every year. Heck, if you have Sonar 1, you can upgrade to Sonar 6 for $250. It's hardly a "shakedown" in my book, especially now that the nice library of extras is carrying over from version to version..."

I would say this is a big contrast to Magix' pricing, wouldn't you?

Kraznet, if everybody just rolled over, and didn't question these "pricing policies" - which is what you appear to be advocating - you'd be paying much more money for your software next time, don't you see that?

Regards,

Terry

Hello,

Was offering... Game over, no point left to be made with this on 09-01-06.

Hey Kraznet - You obviously don't like what I'm saying, but nobody is forcing you to chime in.

The same applies to you Terry, - and to me.

It is up to MAGIX to decide what the correct pricing will be. You may bitch to your pleasure, if you like. You may decide to buying the product or not.

In the end it comes down to coming from V8 and NOT coming from V8. The decision where to split is arbitrary, at least what is beyond economic considerations. What is fair or not could be decided on other foundations as well, as there would be the economic capability of the buyer, among other.

In the end, I find it fair that MAGIX gets the fair price for their product. If V9 is good, it will be bought, and also you will buy it.

Moreover, Steve has made the fact that upgrading will cost more jumping one version known to the existing users many weeks ago.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Maybe you mean something like this quote from a similar thread on KVR:

"...I have a hard time complaining about Sonar's fast upgrade cycle when Cakewalk is so generous to users of old versions. If you purchase just before a release, you can often skip 3 versions and not pay a cent more than someone that upgrades every year. Heck, if you have Sonar 1, you can upgrade to Sonar 6 for $250. It's hardly a "shakedown" in my book, especially now that the nice library of extras is carrying over from version to version..."

Was no one who had paid for every upgrade along the way put out by this generosity to those who had done less to support the development of the product?

BGK

Was no one who had paid for every upgrade along the way put out by this generosity to those who had done less to support the development of the product?

I guess that would depend on the upgrade. Because on one hand you could say that it was worth the extra money because you've been using these new great features while the non-upgraders have been stuck on an older version. But at the same time, if the previous upgrade wasn't very good then the people who upgraded probably would have been put out because they would have basically just threw their money away as they could have waited and got the same price for the next version. I heard Sonar 4 wasn't much of an upgrade so if Cakewalk did the same thing for Sonar 5 then I imagine the Sonar 4 owners weren't too happy. :wacko:

-tkr

I guess that would depend on the upgrade. Because on one hand you could say that it was worth the extra money because you've been using these new great features while the non-upgraders have been stuck on an older version. But at the same time, if the previous upgrade wasn't very good then the people who upgraded probably would have been put out because they would have basically just threw their money away as they could have waited and got the same price for the next version. I heard Sonar 4 wasn't much of an upgrade so if Cakewalk did the same thing for Sonar 5 then I imagine the Sonar 4 owners weren't too happy. ;)

-tkr

Indeed! Of course if they didn't do that, then for the people on Sonar 3, they'd be saying, "you need to pay more because you didn't take our worthless upgrade"!

Clearly it is a tricky balancing act for the marketing departments.

Some random personal opinions on the subject:

• I don't have a big problem with firms charging more to people who skip updates. Whether ~$100 is "fair", I don't know, perhaps ~$50 would feel better.
  • Ideally, to be "fairer", you'd want separate rates for v8 to v9, v7 to v9, v6 to v9, etc., but I can understand that the hassle of managing that and the potential for added consumer confusion makes that impractical.
  • I sympathise with Terry's indignation at the easy entry price for users of competing products. However, cross-grades are part of the market that Samplitude is in and ultimately incentives like that which increase the user base is probably good in the long run. Having just taken advantage of a similar offer to cross-grade from Finale to Sibelius, I can hardly complain! :wacko:

BGK

Indeed! Of course if they didn't do that, then for the people on Sonar 3, they'd be saying, "you need to pay more because you didn't take our worthless upgrade"!

But that's when the "faithfull user" thing comes full circle. ;) In this case I'd say the people who did the upgrade should get the better deal since they put the money in and supported the company through their worthless upgrade. At least they'd get something for their troubles. :o

If you owned a cooperation who would you rather side with, those who bought your product or those who didn't? :wacko:

-tkr

If you owned a cooperation who would you rather side with, those who bought your product or those who didn't? :wacko:

I think I'd side with the people I'm most likely to make the most money off of in the future! 64.gif4.gif

If you owned a cooperation who would you rather side with, those who bought your product or those who didn't? ;)

I think I'd side with the people I'm most likely to make the most money off of in the future! 64.gif4.gif

Then I'd be sure to remain being one of the potential people you could make money off of. :wacko:

-tkr

Tiny sidebar: Any of you follow digi's upgrade scheme? They whack you for a couple few hundred bucks every couple of months, it seems.

Second tiny sidebar: Samplitude 9 upgrade from 7 is cheaper than a lot of plugin bundles, and cheaper than almost any other piece of meaningful gear in the studio. (I just spent more on power conditioners than the upgrade cost. I mean, that's nuts!)

Third tiny sidebar: It does seem that somebody upgrading from 7 Pro should get a better deal than somebody upgrading from Red Rooster or whatever that was, or somebody cross-grading from another program. But see items 1 & 2 above . . .

Magix,

Well, I wanted to upgrade from Pro 7 to Pro 8 (and eventually to each new upgrade). But, no matter how many times, or what method I contacted Synthax, about the upgrade, they never responded. I called, I emailed, I left voice-mail messages, I filled out and submitted an online upgrade form (with attached pictures of my Sam manual and install CD), and Nothing! Now, when I upgrade to V9, I'll be charged extra! I really wish Samplitude had a different USA rep. Even my local Guitar Center complains about Synthax's service...

Later,

Stimpy