Samplitude Se: Installing Without Internet?

dwall

I just bought and downloaded V8 SE so I can get started using the program while waiting for V9 Pro to become available, only I see no way at all to install it on my non-internet music computer. I've emailed support, but I get the impression that I won't hear back till at least Tuesday.

Does anybody have any tips for doing this?? When I enter my activation code, it tries to connect to the internet and I don't see any way around it.

Thanks!

I dont know about SE, but usually there is a method that allows you register from another computer.

If you have an internet pc, you could install the program there, get the required codes and then transfer the codes to your music pc, then deleting SE from the internet pc of course.

Derm

I just bought and downloaded V8 SE so I can get started using the program while waiting for V9 Pro to become available, only I see no way at all to install it on my non-internet music computer. I've emailed support, but I get the impression that I won't hear back till at least Tuesday.

Does anybody have any tips for doing this?? When I enter my activation code, it tries to connect to the internet and I don't see any way around it.

Thanks!

This is taken from the Computer Music magazine installation instructions - but since it's the same program it should work for your online version as well. You'll probably be starting at step 3...

1) Jot down the Samplitude serial number and go to: site.magix.net/ap/eversion/Suite/index.php?Lang=EN&Type=SamplitudeV8

2)Enter you registration details - the code you receive will be in the following format:

S-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

3)Enter the code and it will try to connect to the internet. Of course it will fail. Go to your Samplitude folder and copy the validation.ini and validation.exe files so you can use them on your internet-ready computer. Run (double click) the validation.exe when you're online and you'll receive your final activation code which will be copied into the validation.ini file.

4) Open the updated valdiation.ini in a text editor and you'll see the:

[unlock code] data=SEC-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx at the bottom. the SEC-xxxxx-etc. is the final code to type in. And that should do the trick. It's a few hoops to jump through for those of us that don't like our DAWs on the net.

Hope that helps.

Res

Thanks Resonance, that worked!! I tried something similar on my own that didn't work first (it involved installing Samplitude on the internet computer as well and trying to transfer the validation files to the DAW), but, for anyone else who has this problem in the future, here's how I did it:

I installed Samp SE on my DAW, then copied the validation files (.exe and .ini) to a thumb drive, brought it to the internet computer, copied the two files to my desktop, doube-clicked the .exe file, opened the .ini file to be sure there was an unlock code there, then I copied the files back onto my thumb drive but in a new folder (just in case I needed the originals again), loaded the validation files back onto the DAW into the Magix folder thereby replacing the originals, opened Samplitude and copy and pasted the "Sec-xxx...." number into the Activation field. Samplitude took it from there and now it works!

I found this to be easier than writing down the numbers and inputing at the DAW. I love my thumbdrive :wacko: It's the easiest way to transfer mp3's from DAW to internet as well.